Thursday 26 July 2012

Dentine.

Hell is never-ending dental work.

Over the past week, I have had, in no particular order, teeth scaling, a root canal and the removal of two wisdom teeth, all on various days.

The most recent addition to the dental party are a set of braces fitted into my mouth to push my teeth outward, therefore requiring me to wear a retainer-like device, and the removal of a canine to allow the rest of my teeth to straighten out and close the gap, which could take anywhere from a few month to a few years.

As for the braces, on the bright side, as opposed to having wires on the front of my teeth, I have a small, removable (although it is highly recommended that you don't) plastic device fitted behind my upper jaw in order to push the teeth outwards. While I am thankful that the braces are barely visible, the downside is that I now sound like a slurpier, less articulate version of this guy:

If you haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet, do it.    
Needless to say, the brace and the gap in my smile are massive blows to myself esteem, the braces especially so because I've developed a pronounced lisp because of it. At the very least, I've always been able to fall back on my ability to be chatty and conversational in any situation, so whatever hinders that, no matter how temporarily, has definitely set my self-confidence back a lot.

The sizable gap in my teeth doesn't really help either.

Overall, I'm feeling a little sorry for myself.

Or shorry for myshelf, if my current oratory skills are anything to go by.

Big shlurpy kisshesh,

- Diana x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment